The holiday season is going to look a little different this year—but there’s one tradition that definitely won’t have to be skipped, and that’s the simple pleasure of festive home cooking in the kitchen. This easy, no-bake pumpkin cheesecake is the perfect autumnal dessert for a stay-at-home Bonfire Night. Turn your leftover pumpkins into a delicious purée, then transform this seasonal staple into a no-waste post-Halloween treat.
No-Bake Overnight Pumpkin Cheesecake
Makes 10 servings
- 300g ginger nut biscuits (or try speculoos biscuits for a warmer, spiced flavour).
- 350ml maple syrup (includes extra to serve).
- 350g full-fat cream cheese.
- 300g pumpkin purée.
- 300ml double cream.
- Food processor.
- 20cm springform tin.
- Baking parchment.
- Steamer or colander.
Prepare the pumpkin purée
- Peel and seed your leftover pumpkin, then cut into even cubes.
- Place the cubes into a steamer or colander above a pan of simmering water, then cook for 10 minutes.
- Test the cubes with the point of a knife. If soft, mash the pumpkin until smooth, then leave to cool.
Prepare the base
- Put 250g of biscuits (ginger nut or speculoos) in a food processor, alongside 125ml of maple syrup. Blitz until the mixture has the consistency of a fine crumb.
- Line your tin with baking parchment, then press the crumbs firmly into the base.
- Transfer the tin to the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
Prepare the filling
- Combine 100ml of maple syrup, 350g of cream cheese, and 300g of pumpkin purée in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine 200ml of double cream and 100ml of maple syrup and whip until soft peaks form.
- Fold the second mixture into the first; then spoon over the base, distribute evenly, and smooth over the top.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
Prepare the topping
- When ready to serve, gently whip the remaining cream and the remaining syrup, then spread the mixture onto the cheesecake.
- Crumble the remaining biscuits over the top, plus an extra drizzle of maple syrup.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
In need of kitchen inspo? Book an appointment to visit our showroom.